RMC Facilities Services, Inc. has an immediate full-time opportunity for a Project Coordinator to join our growing team of successful and ambitious individuals. RMC Facilities Services, Inc. is a full service general contractor with over 50 years of extensive experience in the construction industry. RMC is a leading Southern California Certified Women Business Enterprise (WBE) and has become one of the most trusted providers of commercial construction, tenant improvements and facilities management services.
As a Project Coordinator, you will assist multiple Project Managers and Supervisors on various projects. You will be expected to provide support in the areas of estimating, construction administration, and project management work, including (but not limited to) project submittals, analysis, pricing labor and materials, vendor management, meeting minutes and management of all construction documents. Additionally, you will oversee and coordinate all aspects of work orders including management within various portals, budgeting and scheduling.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Work with the Project Managers to identify the sub trades and subcontractors required to prepare a bid, along with sending bid invites and creation of a cohesive and organized bid binder in both hard copy and electronic formats.
- Managing and tracking the proposal process with the subcontractors.
- Familiarity with specifications, submittals, shop drawings, latest project changes
- Request material submittals from subcontractor, communication with architect for approval, and distribution of submittals to appropriate parties.
- Prepares and manages Request For Information (RFI’s), communicating with architect and subcontractors to track and distribute responses.
- Manage plans- Ordering, organizing and distributing drawings and specifications.
- Participate in the weekly Owner/Client meetings or conference calls and document all discussions, decisions and action items through meeting minutes.
- Maintain and distribute the weekly meeting minutes, RFI and submittal logs throughout the course of the project.
- Manage, track and maintain all permits necessary to perform the work, including bonds.
- Request and organize insurance certificates necessary to perform work.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Communication and coordination with clients and a variety of professionals including engineers, architects and subcontractors.
- Produce start up packages and completion notebooks.
- Construction administrative support for multiple projects with accuracy and adherence to deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize work and multitask, while maintaining focus on quality and process improvement.
- Detail oriented and self-motivated.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Moderate level of theoretical and practical knowledge of design and construction engineering concepts.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Compensation is dependent upon experience
- Benefits include medical, dental and vision, safe harbor 401k, vacation, sick and paid holidays
RMC Facilities Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.